Skip to main content

Public Works

City of Trussville Public Works
Office Hours: Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.

The Public Works Department of the City of Trussville is responsible for maintenance and repair of the City’s infrastructure including but not limited to roads, sidewalks, street signs, and storm drains.

The leaf vacuum trucks run in the Fall and Winter months. The trucks follow routes to ensure coverage of all residences and may take several weeks for completion of a route. Any bagged leaves will be picked up by the City’s waste collection service.

ADA Transition Plan

Animal Control

Contact Public Works to report animal carcasses on the road.

Dogs and cats are picked up by the Birmingham Humane Society by calling 591-6522. Also, call to redeem your animal.

Barking dog complaints are filed through Trussville Municipal Court at 655-8352.

Report animal neglect or abuse to Trussville Police Department at 655-2101.

Wildlife Animal Control

Any wildlife complaints must go through the State of Alabama Game Warden’s Office at 1-800-272-4263.

Waste Collection

Waste collection includes household garbage, recycling, brush, debris, and bagged grass.

The City’s waste collection service is contracted to an outside vendor, with City Hall as the principal point of contact for requests and resolution of any issues. To make a waste collection request or complaint, you may call Public Works at 205-655-0319.