The Trussville Parks and Recreation Department is always looking for new and fun Recreational opportunities for our citizens. These are a few that we have and we are working on more. If you have any questions please contact Dot Kelley, Donna Newton, Zach Manning, or Suzy Hammons to get answers. They may be reached by phone at 508-5666 or 655-2503.
Recreational Programs Offered
- National Bike Month
- Mayor’s Bike Ride-The Annual Mayor’s Bike Ride is held in May as a kickoff to a safe and healthy summer. The Mayor, the HTHS Mountain Bike Team, families and children ride their bikes on a two mile course. When they have successfully finished the ride it is time for entertainment, food and drinks! Please join us for this fun, healthy, and FREE event!
- National Walk at Lunch Day
- Walk This Way a Trussville Park and Recreation Department program aimed at promoting a healthier lifestyle for the citizens of Trussville. We will have quarterly news letters in an effort to promote the Physical and emotional benefits of walking. When the ground thaws in spring of 2019 come back and see what we are up to. We hope to initiate walking groups/group to take advantage of the great new Greenway walking trails. If you are interested in the formation of the group or have ideas give Dot Kelley a call at 508-5666.
- Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt:
- Our Annual Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt is held on the Saturday two weeks prior to Easter with 6,000 eggs to hunt. This is a FREE event for children two to eight years old. We have prizes, games, face painting and food for everyone. All you need is an Easter basket, flashlight and be ready to have lots of fun!
- Halloween Candy Drop
- This FREE event is for children three to 12 years old and takes place the last Saturday in October at the Youth Baseball Fields located in the Trussville Sports Complex. There are inflatables and game area, three outfields loaded with candy and a costume contest for each age group. The best boy and girl costume from each age group will win a brand new bicycle! Now, we turn out the lights and the children turn their flashlights on and begin filling their bags!
The following programs, please click on their link to get more information.