The Trussville Municipal Jail is located at 131 Main Street, and is in the same building as the Administrative Division of the Police Department. The jail is staffed twenty-four (24) hours a day and is capable of housing as many as thirty-two (32) inmates. Inmates are held in the municipal jail for various Misdemeanor offenses, which include but are not limited to; shoplifting, assault, DUI, failure to appear in Court or failure to comply with the orders of the Court and domestic violence. The Court may sentence an inmate to serve up to six months in jail for some Misdemeanor offenses. The Trussville Municipal Jail also houses people suspected of committing Felony crimes. These Felony crime suspects may be held in our jail for forty-eight (48) hours without court approval. The Trussville Municipal Jail may be contacted twenty-four (24) hours a day by calling (205) 661-4014. Please scroll down for information on visiting and bond procedures.
The Jail is supervised by Sergeant Jason Grant at email@example.com or (205) 661-4061. Sgt. Jason Grant reports to Lt. Morris.
Tours of the facility are available for organized groups such as Boy or Girl Scouts, School or Kindergarten classes. For further information or to schedule a tour please contact Sgt. Jason Grant at (205) 661-4061 or firstname.lastname@example.org Tours are not conducted during inmate visiting or meal hours.
Family or Friends: Sunday and Tuesday from 1:00 p.m. till 3:00 p.m.
Clergy: Scheduled to visit on Sundays from 7:00 a.m. till 9:00 a.m. and Wednesdays from 5:00 p.m. till 7:00 p.m. Clergy may also be authorized to visit specific inmates at any time when deemed appropriate and approved by the supervisor on duty.
Attorneys: May consult with their clients whenever necessary circumstances permitting.
Rules for Visiting
- No more than one (1) visitor per inmate shall be allowed in the visiting room at one time.
- Inmates are limited to a total of two (2) visitors per visiting day.
- Visitation is limited to fifteen (15) minutes per visitor.
- Visitors shall be especially careful to refrain from using profane or obscene language during visitation. Inmates or visitors who use such language will be given one (1) warning. Additional violations will result in cancellation of visitation for the inmate and visitor.
- Inmates are not permitted to have snacks or food items brought by visitors. Corrections personnel will not accept these items.
- Inmates may have visitors bring money, limited clothing or reading material. The visitor bringing money for an inmate will be given a receipt for the money, which will include the name of the visitor as well as the name of the inmate.
- The use of tobacco products is prohibited in all City buildings and considered jail contraband.
- No person who is, or reasonably appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to visit inmates.
- Both inmate and visitors visitation privileges may be denied for violations of this policy.
Whenever someone is arrested and booked into the Trussville Municipal Jail on a misdemeanor offense they are given the opportunity to post a bond. The bond amount is determined by a bond schedule which is approved by the court. If they are charged with a Felony offense, they can not post bond until they are transferred to the Jefferson County Jail and Bail is set.
If you wish to post bond for a Trussville inmate charged with a misdemeanor offense, during regular business hours you should see one of the magistrates on duty. Their office is in the City Administrative offices located in the front of City Hall. After regular business hours, the Jailer on duty will take care of you. There are three methods to post bond:
- Property Bond: A person who owns real property and resides within Alabama may bring their tax receipt and deed to the Jail. All persons whose names appear on the deed must be present to sign the property bond. There is no exchange of money when posting a property bond. Should the defendant fail to appear in court, the Court will take action against the property owner for collection of the bond as well as any expenses incurred in the collection process.
- Cash Bond: A person may post a cash bond. This must be U.S. currency, or a valid money order payable to Trussville Municipal Court. You will be given a receipt in the name of the inmate for the bond you post. Upon disposition of the case, any portion of the bond remaining will be returned to the defendant. If the inmate fails to appear in court when scheduled the bond will be forfeited, and a warrant issued for their arrest. A new bond will be required upon their subsequent arrest.
- Bail Bondsman: A Bail Bonding company is a commercial endeavor by a company whose business is posting bonds for inmates. Bail Bonding Companies are not affiliated with the City of Trussville, however, they must be licensed with the City and approved by the Municipal Court to post bonds in Trussville. Bail Bonding Companies charge a percentage of the bond to perform this service. Those fees and the procedures will be discussed and explained to you by the bonding agent. Please scroll down for a list of currently approved Bail Bond companies.
|J & J Bail Bonding Inc.||205-594-4994|
|Alabama Bail Bonds||205-987-8885|
|A & S Bail Bonds Inc.||205-251-0479|
|A ABC Bail Bonds||205-252-2020|
|Bond James Bond Inc.||205-655-2960|
|Bamn Bail Bonding Inc.||205-826-1226|
|Paridigm Bail Bond||205-222-0950|
|First Choice Bail Bonds Inc.||205-655-8861|
|Agent Bail Bond Inc.||205-823-2663|
|ABC Bail Bonding Co.||205-250-7060|
|Alternative Justice Bail Bonding Agency Inc.||205-425-0738|
The above list contains the name and telephone number of all Bail Bonding companies currently licensed and approved by the Trussville Municipal Court to post Bail Bonds within the City. These companies are not affiliated with the City of Trussville and this list is provided solely as a convenience to friends and family members of inmates in the Trussville City Jail. The list is in random order. No warrant is made that the services provided or the fees accessed by any of the above companies are better than that of other companies appearing on the list.